Monday, June 9, 2014

Who Am I?

Hi, I'm Marissa.

I'm seventeen, well, okay, I'll be seventeen the 27th. Senior in high school, Class of 2015... Class of the degenerates, more like it. I'm an honors student, and I enjoy volunteering frequently. I volunteer at my church, I sing and do childcare for anyone who needs it, I volunteer at the Connection in St. Louis City, we prepare a meal for the homeless and needy, and then we serve them, and just interact. My church also takes part in Serve St. Louis, it's different Methodist churches coming together to help the community as a whole; the  past two years, I've been in charge of making No-Sew Blankets for children in the hospital. 
Besides church and school, I actually have some free time. Whenever I actually have free time, I like to read, write stories, listen to music, do crafty things, and spend time with family and friends. I'm thoroughly obsessed with Twitter and puns. Those two play hand-in-hand quite often. 
My family is relatively large, so the odds of you knowing one of my cousins is quite high. Being of Irish and German decent, we are into big families and bigger family gatherings. 
Cooking is also something I love to do. Whether it's breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert, I'd be more than thrilled to prepare it. Every year at the end of each semester, I bake either cupcakes or cookies and pass them out to people in my classes who have made that semester fun and enjoyable. Nine times out of ten, I run out of baked goods before I get to my sixth class of the day. 

I'm looking forward to be sharing some of my life with you, and if you're slightly interested, follow along; you can laugh and cry with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment