Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Music and Such.

I'm a huge music nerd. You can name almost any genre and I could probably pull up a song... or three, or more, that fits closely with that genre. I've recently started to write down songs I hear and like, or artists that I want to look up into what I like to call, my "Jam Book". Mitchell Davis, YouTube extraordinaire, inspired me to start this with his mini series:Taste Some Jams. Mitchell  has an eclectic taste in music and almost every album he mentions I have fallen in love with. A few other ways I discover new and exciting music are my Pandora, Spotify, and 8-tracks accounts. I mainly listen to what's considered indie rock, folk, some dubstep, and a little bit of top 40. I sing a lot, in my church band, on my free time, and in my school musicals. According to me, I'm not a very good singer, but I'd give anything to record a song with my friends and my band. I've always dreamed on going on The Voice or American Idol, but I know I'd be killed on those shows because my voice isn't strong, I don't have a weird vibrato, I'm really breathy and I suck at support, but I can sing in different ranges. I'm not bad at pitch matching either. I hope to continue singing and eventually become a better artist and possibly try writing a few of my own songs. If you want me to post a video of me singing, eh, maybe. I can probably record my band one week.We're having a 15 minute set because the lead singer is leaving and we're doing it as a "farewell concert". He's been with us for 3 1/2 years and it's been a great time knowing him. He's also given me great song suggestions.
And- I'm always open to new music suggestions and if you'd like to suggest any, feel free!

No comments:

Post a Comment